This wrap was inspired by one of my favorite wraps from Kauai, they have a plant power wrap on their menu, and I can’t ever leave without having ordered one, to me it is wrap perfection.
We live in a small town that doesn’t have many shops, never mind a Kauai- and therefore I took it upon myself to reinvent their wrap, and put my own spin on it.
This wrap is crunchy, juicy, loaded with lentils and quinoa and topped with a generous amount of greens and avo! Oh, and before I forget, there are fresh little bursts of citrus from the orange segments which you definitely shouldn’t leave out. It’s all tied together with a delicious and creamy nut butter based dressing, which proved some extra tang and spice!
Plant power wrap (makes 5)
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tbsp almond/cashew butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Lentils
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water/veggie stock
- Large hand full of raw beans
- 2 large avos, thinly sliced
- 3 oranges, in segments and halved
- 5 large wraps
- 400 g spinach and rocket mixture
- 1/4 cup spring onion
- Scatter of chopped peanuts/cashews
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth and combined, transfer to a pourable jug and refrigerate until needed.
- In a saucepan, bring quinoa and lentils to a slow boil. Cook until el dente (about 20 mins) and drain.
- Top and tail the beans, then slice into roughly 3 cm pieces and stir into the lentil and quinoa mixture along with spring onions and 1 -2 tbsp dressing.
- Now to start building those wraps! Start by laying down the wrap, top with crunchy leaves, a generous amount of the lentil mix, and a layer of sliced avo. Dot with orange segments and scatter with nuts\seeds of choice. Remove dressing from fridge and mix with a fork, Drizzle over liberally.
- All the Prep work is done! Now you can fold it into a wrap, Slice in half and enjoy!