I know the one question you’ve got on your mind, “Does it taste like avocado?” The answer is no, it’s totally undetectable, but don’t take my word for it, try it for yourself and I promise you won’t be disappointed 😉 In fact, it will leave you wanting to add this green veggie to all future chocolate creations!
I love asking guests what they think the secret ingredient is, because nobody has EVER guessed right! People are always shocked to find out they are consuming hidden vegetables while they are busy digging into pots of luscious chocolate dessert! If not for flavour, why add it? Well its all about texture, and theres nothing more creamy than avo, it just makes this dessert next level silky, and it doesn’t leave you feeling heavy, bonus points that it’s incredibly nutritious and packed with healthy fats and fiber 🙌🏻 If your new to vegan baking, don’t let the use of coconut cream put you off either, the addition of the chocolate and vanilla completely masks any coconut Flavour!
Vegan Chocolate Avo Pots
- 200g 70% dark chocolate
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup coconut/brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large ripe avocados (use 3 if they are very small)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add chocolate, coconut cream, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir frequently until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the avo’s. Use and immersion blender (or food processor) to blend until silky smooth and completely combined.
- Pour mixture into glasses and place in the fridge to firm up for at least 4-6 hours.
- Decorate with desired toppings, some delicious examples include; Whipped coconut cream, toasted nuts, fresh berries, or cookie crumbs!