This is a really quick and easy recipe, and it basically tastes like a Reeses peanut butter cup, but without all that added sugar, and the addition of a delicious toffee like date. This is s great healthy treat that’s perfect to keep in the fridge for when those sweet cravings come knocking!
Vegan Peanut Butter Dates (Makes 10)
- 10 dates
- 70 g peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp coconut flour
- Finely Chopped nuts of choice
- 80 ml coconut oil, melted
- 80 ml cacao powder
- 40 ml maple syrup
- Sprinkle salt
1. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut flour (start with less and add more if needed) mix until you have a thick play dough like paste.
2. Roll into sausages roughly shaped to fit into the dates.
3. Cut long slits into the side of the dates and remove pips.
4. Sprinkle some chopped nuts into the dates and top with peanut butter mixture. Mould the date so it’s mostly enclosing the filling and Place in freezer for 15 minutes while making the coating.
1. Combine the cacao powder, melted coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl and stir until combined. If it’s very hot Allow to cool down for 5 mins.
2. Skewer the top side of the date with a toothpick/sosatie stick and dip into chocolate. Once dipped, Twirl around to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
3. Remove stick and place on parchment lined plate ( double dip for thicker coating although I find one plenty) sprinkle each one with extra nuts as you go.
4. Place the finished dates in the refrigerator to firm. 5. Serve cold, or bring to room temperature before serving for a softer,chewier bite.