This tart is all about the silky smooth, velvety dark chocolate filling. It’s a no frills/fuss recipe, and thats one of the reasons I love it so much. Everybody needs an array of classics they can depend on, and this is one of those recipes that I’m sure you will use time and time again.
Another thing I love about this recipe is how fast and simple it is to make, making it perfect for those last minute dinner parties or even midnight cravings 😉
The tart shell just so happens to be gluten free and is a lot healthier than most. I have kept it basic with just a few ingredients: Desiccated coconut, almonds, pecans, salt and sugar – whizz it all up in your blender and mix in the melted margarine, presto she’s ready for the oven!
Now, for the star of the show, the chocolate ganache filling! All we do here is melt loads of decadent dark chocolate over a bain marie with some almond milk, sugar and coconut oil. As I said before, we all need those classic, timeless recipes so I wanted to keep the flavours clean. The fun part is that you can dress it up any way you want, I love pairing mine with seasonal berries for brightness and a burst of freshness, but a bit of whipped coconut cream and a drizzle of caramel would be just as divine!
Vegan Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 50g almonds
- 50g pecans
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 40 g melted vegan margarine
Dark chocolate ganache:
- 300 g dark chocolate ( I use Afrikoa 70%)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease tart tin.
- Add all the ingredients apart from the margarine to a food processor and blend until fine, but not oily. Add melted margarine and mix in until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tart tin and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until slightely browned (keep an eye on it towards the end so it doesn’t burn) Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Dark chocolate ganache:
- Prepare a bain marie, and add all the ganache ingredients to the top bowl. Stir until you have a smooth, completely melted mixture.
- Pour the ganache into the cooled tart shell and chill for 4 hours to set.
- Decorate with berries, caramel or a sprinkling of nuts, it’s totally up to you!
*Notes: When serving, always use a hot sharp knife to cut your slices, this will give you the best presentation!